OFM Scoutlist

Jump to page:
03/01/2012 22:27:19
Premium ticketholder

Exp.: 303
Rank 20906
League 5409
Hi, When will the scoutlist get an update? Would really like to scout some players currently in the Brazillian league.

Thanks boks

03/01/2012 23:34:21
Premium ticketholder

Exp.: 163
Rank 11694
League 7057311
Crew Dreams
When season will start I think it will be updated..and btw u thanks us with a good wink wink

04/01/2012 00:01:52
Premium ticketholder

Exp.: 165
Rank 14208
League 67569
OFM Scout list is rubbish at the moment, from2 to 3 million cost footballers are missing Ukrain,Russian,Georgian leagues well not missing just have to be in list 110%, because they price are 3-5 millions why they are missing?

04/01/2012 07:00:04
Premium ticketholder

Exp.: 1571
Rank 242
League 26494
Crew OFM DT
There are many players missing, and I really think that whoever is in charge or has control over the scoutlist should make the necessary updates as soon as possible in order to give managers what they paid for (in regards to purchasing season tickets for their OFM accounts). The scoutlist is a major reason why I purchased tickets anyway, in case anyone wants a reason for my comment. smile

04/01/2012 11:15:57
Premium ticketholder

Exp.: 102
Rank 14102
League 5051328
Quoted from Gary Gomes:
There are many players missing, and I really think that whoever is in charge or has control over the scoutlist should make the necessary updates as soon as possible in order to give managers what they paid for (in regards to purchasing season tickets for their OFM accounts). The scoutlist is a major reason why I purchased tickets anyway, in case anyone wants a reason for my comment.

I would second this. It's bored to see all the same players with the same price all over the time.

10/01/2012 17:14:57
Premium ticketholder

Exp.: 309
Rank 21160
League 5409
Quoted from Gary Gomes:
There are many players missing, and I really think that whoever is in charge or has control over the scoutlist should make the necessary updates as soon as possible in order to give managers what they paid for (in regards to purchasing season tickets for their OFM accounts). The scoutlist is a major reason why I purchased tickets anyway, in case anyone wants a reason for my comment.

Yup.. Defo.. It's 1 of the main reasons I purchase my tickets as well.

11/01/2012 16:12:26
Premium ticketholder

Exp.: 1575
Rank 245
League 5053438
Crew OFM DT
I think I'm gonna message Clayts as I think he is the one that takes care of it...

11/01/2012 20:39:03
Premium ticketholder

OSM Staff
Exp.: 1449
Rank 254
League 5409
The scoutlist is currently updated twice yearly, around September and in February after the European transfer windows close. We have been working very hard behind the scenes under OFM v2.0 to try to improve the current method of updating the scoutlist, which is very labour intensive, and also does not allow the flexibility we like, namely live updates and live amendments.

We still have some work to do, but rest assured this is something I am very keen to have in place - a live, accurate scoutlist which reflects changes as they happen, rather than having to wait months before we can effect changes.

As I say at present we are still testing and ironing out some problems - we are now at the stage where we can finally amend nationality and ratings (and names) but unfortunately these ratings changes do not currently automatically adjust the price, which is obviously a key part of the scoutlist. This has been raised as a bug and is being investigated by the developers. We also still need to look at ways of adding (and indeed removing) players from the scoutlist without having to re-upload the whole scoutlist to the OFM server again, which is the system we currently are restricted to using when we want to add new players - sadly, this is something which may take longer to implement.

As it stands at present, as you may be aware, we tend to action transfers on the bigger leagues shown on the Available Leagues page as soon as they happen so that the most popular leagues are as up to date as we can get them and we always endeavour to change at the very least the clubs the players are at on the scoutlist straightaway too (eg Anelka is now shown as being at the correct club in China). Where we are limited at present is being able to adjust ratings when players move.

In the past the scoutlist has not always reflectedf the values shown in the Available Leagues page so, for the first time, in September 2011 OFM used a different scoutlist to OSM, this time ensuring whereever possible the values matched. The scoutlist did, however, contain leagues which had not been updated on OFM, and have been since, so I am of course aware that there are now some disparities, something I am keen to fix when the price bug has been sorted out.

Rest assured, as League Manager, as I am as keen as you to ensure the scoutlist is as accurate as possible, but it won't happen overnight - let it be said, though, that this is something I have been working on for some time and eventually we hope to see a much improved scoutlist.

One school of thought is that we may start taking suggestions from the community of players to add, but as I say, this is currently something for the future.

11/01/2012 22:19:27
Premium ticketholder

Exp.: 1575
Rank 245
League 5053438
Crew OFM DT
Enough said. I'm glad to hear that it hasn't been forgotten and is indeed on your list of priorities of being League Manager. I thank you very much for the reply and all the information you have given us Clayts. Let's hope that the scoutlist comes sooner then later so that we can all take advantage of one of the best features OFM has to offer to its paying managers. wink

12/01/2012 01:54:27
Premium ticketholder

Exp.: 31
Rank 85252
League 5053673
I think the scout list is normally updated at the end of every transfer window.

12/01/2012 08:27:17
Premium ticketholder

Exp.: 1576
Rank 245
League 5053438
Crew OFM DT
The first sentence that Clayts wrote says when it is updated very clearly:

Quoted from blob59:
The scoutlist is currently updated twice yearly, around September and in February after the European transfer windows close.

12/01/2012 11:47:11
ticketholder

Exp.: 1324
Rank 153
Crew -OG-
I think your question has been more than answered sufficiently and so I shall close this thread ok

Jump to page:
This topic is closed
No more replies may be posted.

© 2001 - 2014 Gamebasics BV, the Netherlands. v.125.0 For more information, please read the terms and privacy statement.
Send